"Anticipate Client Needs & Provide Effective Solutions"
We believe in the value of relationships. We view every client relationship like a partnership, and truly believe our success is a result of your success.
We are committed to providing close, personal attention to our clients. We take pride in giving you the assurance that the personal assistance you receive comes from years of advanced training, technical experience and financial acumen. Our continual investment of time and resources in professional continuing education, state-of-the-art computer technology and extensive business relationships is indicative of our commitment to excellence.
1. Firm approach to serving clients
- Cross-sell services of the firm
- Multiple contacts for all clients
- Allocate firm resources in best interest of entire firm * Monitoring system for clients/services
- No longer say or think “my” clients but “firm” clients
- Succession planning for the long-term interest of the firm
2. Respect & concern for clients
- Engage in proactive communications
- Act timely in all contact and projects with clients
- Under promise and over deliver or give them something extra
- Pay personal attention to clients
- Build personal relationships with clients
3. Respect and concern for each other
- Utilize direct, open and honest communications
- Respond in a timely manner to each other’s requests
4. Provide client-driven services
- “Listen to learn”
- Listen to clients to determine wants & needs
5. Make an acceptable profit
- Bill at rates fair to both clients and ourselves
- Evaluate client/project profitability
6. Adhere to professional standards
- Engage in continuing education & life-long learning
- Exhibit competence
- Possess integrity
- Have an attunement with broad business issues
- Utilize objectivity
7. Engage in life-long learning
- Identify niches where expertise is needed
- Focus training efforts to develop specialties within the firm
- Use mentoring as part of the appraisal process and throughout year
- Review mentoring & training efforts at partner meetings
Wm. H. Armstrong, CPA opened an office to practice public accounting in San Angelo in 1961 and was joined in 1963 by Mason L. Backus, CPA to form the partnership of Armstrong, Backus & Co. Mr. Armstrong retired as an active partner in 1995.
Armstrong, Backus & Co., L.L.P. is licensed by the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy to practice as a CPA firm, and the partners and CPA staff are members of the Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). The firm is a practicing member in the Private Companies Practice Section of the AICPA Division for CPA Firms. The division for firms was established in 1977 by the AICPA for the purpose of improving the quality of practice by CPA firms through the establishment and maintenance of an effective system of self-regulation of member firms by means of mandatory peer reviews of their audit and accounting practices. Armstrong, Backus & Co., L.L.P. voluntarily joined the program in 1977 and has undergone peer reviews every three years. Additionally, Armstrong, Backus & Co., L.L.P. is a member of the Southwest Practice Management Group of CPA Firms, which is a group of fifteen CPA firms from Texas, Louisiana, and Arkansas, formed for the purpose of networking management, special expertise and personnel among the member firms.